What a Scrappy Life

Pages

Monday 27 January 2014

Shimelle's Return to the Collection 2014

Yes, I've done it again enrolled onto a scrapbooking workshop, this one was to find out how to use a complete paper collection something that I struggle to do.  I can use one or two of the papers then think 'what do I do with the rest', so I enrolled and it has been worth it.

So my paper collection I decided to use was Maggie Holmes Flea Market, which I got from TK Maxx for £8.00 - bargain.  This collection was just the papers, so I had none of the Flea Market range of embellishments, which I was OK with has I'm trying to tidy my craft room and have come across loads of embellishments that I wanted to use.






I decided to use some of the many photos I had from my visit to Harry Potter Studio Tour with James early last year.


(Apologies for the photos, taken with my iPhone and uploaded in the evening.)




When I decided to use this large floral paper, I couldn't see how it worked, but I'm happy with it.



This one is a 12x12 with an additional divided page protector holding more photos.




I'm really enjoying this workshop and its has made me sit down and do some layouts that I've been planning to do for a while.  I've followed the format for these as instructed but I know that when I have more time I will be able to adapt some of the designs for other layouts.  I glad that I will have at least 6 layouts to add to our Harry Potter Album.


Thanks for stopping by ...

1 comments:

Sarah said...

These are lovely pages Jackie! I'm taking this class too, although working slowly on the layouts!! It's a great way to use up those sheets of paper that I would normally just put to one side! Look forward to seeing more of what you do with the rest of the collection! xx